The ICM Research Standing Committee provides ICM’s Midwives Associations with up to date information on all aspects of midwifery practice, education and service. It plays a key role in the development of the ICM Triennial Congresses. Research is the foundation of midwifery’s Three Pillars and ongoing education and research are the lifeblood of any vibrant profession.
Roles of the Research Standing Committee:
- Identifies midwifery research in progress and takes part in the discussions to develop the ICM research strategy
- Creates communication networks between researchers working in reproductive health and midwifery
- Maintains a database of researchers which acts as a source of information and support
- Recommends to the ICM Board, Executive Committee and Council, activities, priorities, strategies and practices for midwifery research throughout the world.
- Reviews abstracts submitted for peer-review
- Plans RSC involvement in each ICM congress and facilitates research workshops at these
- Provides a resource of expert midwifery research workers for access by ICM if required