- 07 Nov , 2018 Webmaster
- No translations available
Vacancy: Strengthening Midwifery Services (SMS) Project Accountant
The ICM is now coordinating a follow-up BMGF funded project - Strengthening Midwifery Services (SMS). The focus of this two-year (2018-2020) project is set out below:
- building national midwives associations’ capacity,
- reviewing the previous MSF pilot projects in six countries (sub project 1),
- based on what was learned in the six-country review, the MSF tool is then revised, and the revised MSF is then launched in three new countries (sub-project 1),
- implementing the Midwifery Education Accreditation Program (MEAP) with three new midwifery education program providers (sub-project 2),
- helping to define the characteristics of the Midwifery Education Development Pathway (MEDPath) in order to assist education program providers which are not yet able to meet the ICM global education standards to increase their capacity to meet ICM standards (sub-project 2),
- translating and disseminating the Essential Competencies for Basic Midwifery Practice developed in the first Gates project (sub-project 3),
- developing a global standard for assessing midwifery competencies (sub-project 3).
Taken as a whole, the ICM believes this project will serve not only to save the lives of mothers and babies, but will also help to professionalise midwifery globally.
The SMS project is now seeking a qualified Project Accountant (PA) who will assist the SMS Project Manager (PM) and the ICM Programs Director (PD) in the financial management of the SMS project.
The PA will be responsible for leading on the donor reporting and financial analysis of all sub-projects within the SMS. The PA will be responsible for project reporting and forecasting for the sub-projects as well as the SMS project as whole. Providing management information to the PM and PD and ensuring the portfolio is kept on track is a key responsibility.
The PA will have the responsibility for monitoring the financial progress of the project, recording grant income, and expenditures, tracking variances, ensuring that the PM and PD are provided with monthly income, expenditure, and cash flow reports, and submission of accurate financial reports to the BMGF.
Qualifications and Skills
The successful candidate will be a qualified/certified accountant with experience in budgeting, reporting, and forecasting. Experience working in the sector would be advantageous, as would be experience in working in an international organisation. Excellent (native) professional working level of English language both written and spoken is essential.
Duration of the contract
Two years starting tentatively from December 2018. It is not a full-time contract, the PA is expected to work a minimum of 6 hours per month.
ICM Office, Koninginnegracht 60, 2514 AE the Hague
Negotiable, based on the applicant’s knowledge, skills and experience. Please submit a work plan, estimating activities, hours per month and the hourly rate. The Project Accountant will be paid upon receipt of invoice and time sheet per month.
Qualified candidates are requested to submit acover letter, a CVand a work plan (as above) by email by end of business (CET) on 15thNovember 2018 to: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org