Following on from a very successful Young Midwifery Leaders programme in 2016 and 2017, the International Confederation of Midwives (ICM) in partnership with Johnson and Johnson are now calling for application to the 2019 Young Midwifery Leaders (YML) programme.
The YML programme is a 2-year programme which provides young midwives with a unique opportunity to learn how to develop as leaders in their professional lives and the communities they work in. The programme challenges young midwives to broaden their knowledge of key policy areas in maternal and newborn health and create innovative projects to address some of the biggest global health challenges of today.
The YML programme consists of:
- Online, interactive learning on leadership, and the role and function of International Confederation of Midwives
- A combination of group and individual projects
- Attendance the ICM regional conference (2019) and Congress (2020)
- ICM will support a chosen mentor for each YML to develop their mentoring skills
The programme aims to identify young midwives with the potential to become leaders within their national midwifery communities and to build their capacity to become the global and regional midwifery leaders of tomorrow.
You must fulfill the following criteria to apply for this programme:
- A registered midwife.
- 35 years of age or under at the time of application.
- An active member of a midwifery association.
- Endorsed by the President of the Midwifery Association of which you are a member.
- Provide midwifery care in a low/middle income country (according to the UNDP Human Development Index).
- Have clear communication skills.
- Speak, write and read English fluently.
- Be committed to developing leadership ability.
- Can complete a 2-year programme and can meet project deadlines.
- Have a project proposal to strengthen midwifery services in a country.
- Possess strong computer skills (e.g. use Microsoft Office or similar programmes).
- Have consistent access to a computer and reliable internet connection.
If you fulfill all the above requirements, check out the full selection critrea and process here.
If you have any questions, please contact Ann Yates, Lead Midwife Advisor at email@example.com
Submission deadline: 31 March 2019