- 08 Mar , 2020 ICM
- No translations available
Happy International Women's Day!
Happy International Women’s Day from all of us at ICM!
This year’s #IWD2020, is extra special because it falls within #YearOfTheMidwife — a global opportunity to highlight the accomplishments and barriers of midwives everywhere.
Our goal on this day, and every day this year, is to demonstrate the need for women from all backgrounds and professions to raise awareness about the status of midwives and the essential care they provide to mothers and their newborns.
We want to remind you of a few resources we’ve created to help you help us:
- Toolkit for #YearOfTheMidwife – Available in English, Spanish and French, this toolkit provides suggestions on how you can support and promote the profession of midwifery throughout the year.
- Toolkit for International Day of the Midwife (#IDM2020) – On May 5, 2020, midwives and their supporters will mark IDM through rallies, media appearances, digital campaigns, and more. If you’re a midwife, use this toolkit to support in the planning of your event.
- This one-pager for women’s groups to support with #IDM2020 – We created this resource equipped with easy tips and tricks for health professionals and women’s group interested in supporting with #IDM2020.
- This announcement from ICM’s President, Franka Cadée – This announcement was designed to be shared by individuals and organisations interested in expressing their solidarity with midwives everywhere. Please share via your social channels.
- This open letter of support from The Duchess of Cambridge – We would still love to receive an open letter of support like this one from you and your organisation. Send your letters of support to email@example.com
We truly believe that the growth of our profession relies on the support of women’s groups, healthcare professionals, and individual women everywhere! On this International Women’s Day, consider using one of the above resources to demonstrate your solidarity with women everywhere.