- 04 Aug , 2020 icm_user
- No translations available
Board Briefer: July 2020
The new Board has quickly taken flight and is in constant motion in these ever-evolving times as we work toward stronger midwives and optimal outcomes for mothers and babies. Towards that end, and to keep our global community informed, here is an overview of what we have been up to:
- Orientation to information technology (IT) and ICM systems to heighten proficiency in ways of working with the Board Members and ICM staff
- Formation of a new and exciting Board-level committee - the Board Finance Committee - to assist with financial planning and oversight; orientation for the Board to ICM’s finances
- Structuring of the process to take the votes made by Council delegates on ICM strategic priorities to form the 2021-2023 Strategic Plan (due for release in early 2021)
- Familiarization with context of and activities within various ICM projects, which will strengthen midwifery and its foundational education, regulation, association, and systems (ERAS)
All of this in only 2 official meetings! And not to mention more than a few emails and WhatsApp messages.
In the words of Johann Wolfgang von Goethe: “knowing is not enough we must apply, willing is not enough we must do.”
Thank you for your trust and belief in us.
Pandora Hardtman – ICM Board Member representing North America and the Caribbean sub-Region
Hilma Shikwambi – ICM Board Member Representing Anglophone Africa sub-Region
On behalf of the ICM Board