- 08 Apr , 2020 ICM
- No translations available
A Digital Response to Help Ensure Safer Childbirths During COVID-19
A new initiative launched today by Maternity Foundation, University of Copenhagen and Laerdal Global Health in collaboration with International Confederation of Midwives (ICM) and UNFPA, the UN sexual and reproductive health agency, uses a digital tool to equip midwives in low-resource settings to protect themselves, mothers and newborns from the Coronavirus and to ensure that women continue to receive respectful quality of care during pregnancy and childbirth. This new resource is available as a module on the Safe Delivery App.
How to download the Safe Delivery App:
- Search for Safe Delivery App in Google Play or App store
- Click Download – the App is free of charge
- Open the App and select language version – the COVID-19 content is in the global English version
- If you already have the Safe Delivery App on your phone: Update the App and the COVID-19 module will appear in the global English version
The full Infection Prevention video can be found here: https://youtu.be/CzYQlhUcte8.
For more information on this resource, including a review from a user of the new module, click here.