- 08 Oct , 2019 Webmaster
- No translations available
Take the opportunity to join a small vibrant NGO team at the head office of International Confederation of Midwives. Preferred candidate will have interest in women’s and newborn health, gender equality and international development.
The overall responsibility of the administrative assistant is to provide comprehensive administrative and clerical support to the whole head office team. The three main areas of responsibility are travel administration, financial administration and general office management. These include tasks such as:
- Arranging travel for staff, board members and consultants: preparing itineraries, make necessary bookings, visa applications and conference registrations as required.
- Prepare invoices, perform basic bookkeeping, providing overviews of expenditure in relation to certain events and other administrative tasks to support the finance manager.
- Managing logistical matters of the office, such as timely ordering of office supplies, collecting post, managing the office area, maintaining the shared office calendar and booking of meeting rooms
- Preparation for meetings at the office: photocopying/printing of documents, welcoming visitors and providing refreshments
- Screening of incoming calls and emails to the organisation and handling inquiries within own capacity in order to control interruptions for other staff members.
- Being the liaison with external service providers such as our IT consultant, office building manager, cleaning company and more.
- Maintaining effective filing and retrieval systems in a methodical manner.
- Ensure that matters of a routine nature and critical matters are dealt with promptly and efficiently during absence of team members.
- Other duties not specifically stated above, which from time to time are necessary for the effective performance of the Board and staff
Key Competencies, Skills and Behaviours
- Superb communication skills (oral and written): confident, concise and clear.
- High level of personal responsibility and a proactive approach to tasks with attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills with high commitment to providing good service, co-operating and working within a team
- Flexibility (no 9 to 5 mentality)
- Time management skills: ability to work in a fast-paced work environment with short deadlines.
- Considerable experience of working on your own initiative, developing systems and seeking imaginative solutions
- Tact, confidentiality, customer focus
Language and Technology skills
- Fluent English, written and spoken. French, Spanish and Dutch is an advantage.
- IT literacy is essential, especially with Microsoft programs such as Word, Excel and Outlook. Being familiar with the video conference system Zoom and the learning management system Moodle is an advantage.
- 3-7 years of working in a role such as administrative assistant, executive assistant, secretary or similar in a corporate environment.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent.
- Citizen of the European Union or valid work permit for the European Union.
- Currently living in or around The Hague.
To apply for this role, please send your CV and a motivational letter to email@example.com before 20 October 2019.