As a member of ICM you benefit from the influence the confederation has on a global level, you extend your advocacy and you gain credibility with your own governmental institutions. As a member of ICM you:
Contribute to midwifery on a global level
- Get the opportunity to contribute in global projects and meetings, such as the preparation of the State of the World’s Midwifery (SoWMy) report;
- Elect one or two delegates to represent your Association in ICM Council – the highest governing body of ICM – to influence ICM policy & strategies;
- Make a personal impact! Present yourself to be elected as member of the ICM Board or ICM Council for a three year period;
- Share your expertise and be elected as a Member of one of ICM’s three Standing Committees: Research, Education, and Regulation;
- Receive guidance and helpful instructions regarding the celebration of the International Day of the Midwife;
- Be the next Midwives Association to co-host the ICM Triennial Congress.
Strengthen your Association and midwifery in your country
- Increase your skills, knowledge and networking opportunities through participation in ICM workshops such as the Gap Analysis Workshop, regional conferences and the ICM Triennial Congress;
- Get access to ICM projects and initiatives like Twinning: a capacity building strategy based on collaborative relationships among Midwives Associations;
- Use ICM Global Standards and Tools, such as the Member Association Capacity Assessment Tool (MACAT) to identify and prioritize activities that will strengthen your Association’s capacity;
- Contact the ICM Secretariat or the Board for any support, assistance, advice;
- Receive the International Journal of Childbirth – the official publication of the ICM – free of charge and published on a quarterly basis. It will keep you up to date on current events affecting your profession.
Increase your Association’s international visibility
- Increase your credibility by being part of an international organization highly respected in countries, by governments and the United Nations, and among other professions;
- Be named on our website as an ICM Member;
- Send in your own Association’s news, press releases, events and stories from the field to be published on the ICM website.
- hat collectively meet the 5 criteria required for membership