Vacancies in our Network
Clinical/Technical Director, Developing Midwives Programm
BRAC University, Dhaka, Bangladesh is looking for a Clinical/Technical Director for the Developing Midwives programme under the BRAC Institute of Global Health funded by DFID.
Objectives of the programme
- Delivering an accredited three year Diploma Program to 410 students
- Developing capacity of a hub (temporary Project Secretariat located within BRAC University) and spoke model (Academic Sites throughout the country) to deliver the three year Diploma Program into underserved rural and urban areas
- Develop a Department of Midwifery and Nursing (DMN) which would ultimately become the hub for the Diploma Program and enable BRACU to offer a range of professional educational qualifications in nursing and midwifery and
- Mobilise and support national advocacy to establish midwifery as a recognised autonomous profession in Bangladesh
Purpose of the Post:
As Bangladesh lacks expertise to oversee and implement the technical aspects of the Developing Midwives programme, international expertise will be sought for a Clinical/Technical Director for the programme.
- Improve curriculum and pedagogy
- Faculty development
- Coordination in close collaboration with the Senior Technical Advisor
- Support establishment of the department
The position for clinical director is required from 1st November 2014 to 31st December 2017.
Deadline: 2nd of October 2014
Information and Contact
For more information contact Nushrat Ahmed, DFID Programme Magager: firstname.lastname@example.org or,
Shehlina Ahmed, Health Adviser: email@example.com