Vacancies in our Network
Job Tittle: Administrative Assistant
Accountable to: Chief Executive
Reports to: Executive Assistant
Location/Base: ICM Headquarters, The Hague
Hours: Full Time 37.5
Key working relationships: ICM Chief Executive, HQ Staff, ICM Board and Partners
The International Confederation of Midwives (ICM) supports, represents, and works to strengthen the profession of midwifery and midwives’ professional associations worldwide in order to enhance the reproductive health of women, and the health of their newborns and families.
ICM is looking for a results driven, experienced and motivated Administrative Assistant to join its team at headquarters.
Key Role and Responsibilities
The primary responsibility will be the provision of comprehensive administrative and clerical support to the ICM team. Duties of the post holder will include general clerical activities, receiving and handling information and general communication within and outside the organization.
- Provide general administrative and secretarial support to all staff within ICM Secretariat.
- Provide support in the typing, photocopying, preparation, and distribution of letters and other documents as required, including preparation for staff, board, Council and other meetings as required.
- Maintain document management systems (e.g., filling and archiving).
- Receive telephone messages and ensure all incoming calls and messages are acted upon promptly.
- Maintain the general ICM calendar.
- Record and finalize staff meeting minutes.
- Organize logistical support of tele-conferences, events and activities (including Congress).
- Maintain the ICM contacts and mailing lists, including contact details for the ICM Staff and Board.
- Responsible for receiving all in-coming and outgoing mail and distribution including date stamping and maintenance of mail log within the office on a daily basis.
- Responsible for Petty Cash accounting in collaboration with finance manager.
- Assist with completion of travel expense claims for staff and consultants in accordance with ICM policy.
- Liaise and assist IT consultant.
- Welcome visitors to the office in an efficient, friendly and courteous manner.
- Liaise with travel agencies regarding flight bookings for staff, Board and others as required in accordance with ICM policy.
- Distribute incoming email from the ICM ‘info’ box to relevant staff members on a daily basis.
- Develop and maintain inventory list for office supplies and equipment; Order stationery and other office supplies as required.
- Prepare rooms for meetings and organize refreshments as necessary.
- Liaise with service suppliers and maintain all office equipment as necessary.
- Ensure general tidiness of office areas including books and files in the ICM library.
- Other responsibilities as required
The official languages of the Organization are: English, French and Spanish. The working language of the secretariat (Headquarters) is English. A strong command (written and spoken) of the English language is necessary. A strong command (written and spoken) of the Dutch language is advantegeous.
NOTE: The position is based in The Hague and is open to candidates who are residing in the Netherlands only.
Interested individuals should send a letter of motivation and detailed curriculum vitae to email@example.com by Monday, 17 October 2016. The motivation letter and curriculum vitae must be submitted in English. Please note that submission in other languages will not be reviewed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.