Benefits of being a Member of ICM
As an ICM Member you benefit from the influence the confederation has on a global level, you extend your advocacy and you gain credibility with your own governmental institutions. As a member of ICM you:
- Increase your skills, knowledge and networking opportunities through participation in ICM meetings, capacity building workshops and conferences.
- Make a personal impact! Present yourself to be elected as member of the ICM Board or ICM Council for a three year period.
- Get involved in the ICM Standing Committee and have the chance to be elected as a Member of one of our Standing Committee: Research, Education, and Regulation.
- Receive the International Journal of Childbirth - the official publication of the ICM - free of charge and published on a quarterly basis. It will keep you up to date on current events affecting your profession.
- Get a voice and the opportunity to contribute in global projects and meetings, as for example the preparation of the SOWMY report.
- Be part of our network of over 100 Midwives Associations and 300,000 midwives globally.
- Get priority access to be involved in ICM projects.
- Strengthen your association by joining a twinning project.
- Be the next Midwives Association to co-host the ICM Triennial Congress.
- Use our website as a promotional tool to convey your messages and share news and information on the work and success stories of your Association.
- Increase your credibility by being part of an international organization highly respected in countries and among other professions.