ICM has grown from a small group of Midwives Associations in Western Europe to a major Confederation with more than 108 autonomous associations from countries all over the world. By strengthening member associations, ICM advances the profession of midwifery globally promoting autonomous midwives as the most appropriate caregivers for childbearing women.
Cyprus Nurses and Midwives Association
Cyprus Nurses and Midwives Association (CY.N.M.A) is an international non-governmental and non-political association.The CY.N.M.A Midwives’ Committee is supportive of and in cooperation with Board of CYNMA carry out their responsibilities and activities, which are related with the professional midwifery matters in Cyprus.
The Midwives Committee aims to:
- promote the " Midwifery Care Model " which considers pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding as healthy events
- reduce the medicalization of childbirth
- reduce maternal and neonatal mortality
- promote women’s’ health and their families during the reproductive age
- help in the prevention of communicable diseases
- strengthen midwives as autonomous professionals
1, Tagmatarchou Pouliou street, Apartment 101,1101,Nicosia
PO BOX.24015, 1700, Nicosia
00357 2277 1994
Fax00357 2277 1989