Platforms of Exchange - Networking
Platforms of exchange have been initiated to enhance communication within and between regions. This is a critical strategy for sustainability.
A platform of exchange is characterised by mutli-directional communication flows within and between individuals, countries and regions.
Outcomes of a platform of exchange:
- Associations are strengthened as they learn from each other in the platform. Hosting events enables the associations to get stronger as organisations.
- Midwives take the lead and become visible in maternal and newborn health issues.
- Groups of countries benefit from the focal point which was a twin. As the focal point learns from its twin, it shares with its neighbours. This will enhance north-south-south –south diffusion of information, skills and best practices.
- The platform provides a sense of belonging and identity for midwives.
- Relationships developed are not limited to pairs of associations; they are open to as many countries as is feasible for the exchange of information, resources and best practices within and among regions.
- Non member associations are encouraged to become members of ICM
Photograph: Gap Analysis Workshop Liberia